+380

all cool but i want Google search, not Yandex!

Ivan Russu 4 years ago in FVD Speed Dial - Chrome • updated by Taksakorn Saeoung 5 months ago 13

We don't have such feature yet. You can turn it off if you do not want it with Yandex.

+4

@ FVD Media:  how do you turn it off?  And why is this the default on a new page of Chrome? It amounts to malware and a trojan horse IMHO.

+1
Hello please can we be friends contact me here lindatoure@hotmail.com i have something very important to tall you thenks
+4
U can change Finder(google for example): 

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\llaficoajjainaijghjlofdfmbjpebpa\6.6.1_0\js\newtab

WHERE:
1) "llaficoajjainaijghjlofdfmbjpebpa" - "ID" Speed Dial [FVD]. U can see ID here - chrome://extensions/
2) "6.6.1_0" - Speed Dial [FVD] VERSION
3) "USER" - ur username =P

Search in folder "newtab" file speeddial_misc.js
And change line:
var url = "http://fvdmedia.com/addon_search/?q="+encodeURICom... document.getElementById("q").value )+"&from=chrome_fvdsd"

To:
var url = "https://www.google.com/#q="+encodeURIComponent( document.getElementById("q").value )+""

FROFIT
+2
Also. If u want to see"Search on Google.com" instead "Search on Yandex.com":

u need to open folder
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\llaficoajjainaijghjlofdfmbjpebpa\6.6.1_0\_locales\ru
WHERE:
1) "llaficoajjainaijghjlofdfmbjpebpa" - "ID" Speed Dial [FVD]. U can see ID here - chrome://extensions/
2) "6.6.1_0" - Speed Dial [FVD] VERSION
3) "USER" - ur username =P
4) "ru" - ur location.
Change file "messages.json" - search and replace lines:
"newtab_search_on_yandex": {
"message": "Search on Yandex"
},

to

"newtab_search_on_yandex": {
"message": "Search on Google"
},

PROFIT
Did EXACTLY as you said... and it turned the new tab page back to the normal new tabs...

There's an easier way to get Google Search. You just need to add this line in about:config of the browser

and you'll be able to use the address bar as a Google Search engine.

Please let me to change Yandex search to Google search.

I am IT, I dont use Yandex search engine. Never.