Hi, to me the major drawback is performance in the desktop client and work with multiple selection in online. It appears, you can't have both in one type of app which is a bit annoying. But performance impacts day-to-day experience (while multiple selection is a rare case) so I've chosen to use the online version.
Here is a quick review
- GOOD is that in the windows client you can select multiple notes and delete/move them (this was the reason I installed it recently)
- BAD - the windows client is slow when it comes to starting, searching, and switching between notes (when you click through them fast).
- BAD - recently I was removing notes from the Conflicts folder and the app aborted several times.
- IDEA - don't know how to do technically. should be something about indexing the DB i believe.
- GOOD - enough performance
- BAD - no way to move selected notes: the only option is to delete them. This was really inconvenient and made me install the desktop client.
- IDEA - add the MOVE command to the right-click menu for multple selected notes.
- BAD - IMHO the UI is auwful! I don't know this is like a flash back to 90th... tried it and removed after 5 mins.
- IDEA - ... hope someone uses this. For me personally, another challenge is to understand why would I need to have a chrome extension. Maybe, there is something for offline work (though keeping the whole DB offline is overkill for a chrome app I guess). So the idea here is to state more clearly on the ext page in the chrome market how a chrome ext helps users.
- GOOD - fast and useful, especially the mobile app
- BAD - hate automated tag suggestions :) personally, i tend to minimize the number of tags so have to remove every time manually the suggested tag entry.
- IDEA - make a toggle to switch on/off suggestions
Customer support service by UserEcho