Under review

FVD Speed dial freeze Chrome win7 x64

Сергей Быль 8 years ago updated by Ireek R Niwinski (Łysy) 8 years ago 10

FVD Speed dial freeze Chrome win7 x64

Under review

Hello

Can you send more details. And please try to create new profile in Chrome.

Thanks

I have 2 PC on win7 x64 in both Chrome with same profile. One PC with FVD Sped dial works good, another - bad. When I start Chrome FVD SD works only 5 sec and then freeze, I can see 50% load of CPU in Task manager. I tried to reinstall FVD SD - nothing change. I am ready to run TeamViewer. Thank you!

А если попробовать создать в браузере новый профиль? Так как по опыту, это чисто браузерная проблема. Т.е по виду профиль почему то поврежден.

Спасибо, именно это помогло из прошлого вашего совета. Просто вышел из профиля и потом опять зашел - всё работает. Еще раз огромное спасибо!

Пожалуйста.

Hello,

I think I have similar problem, additionally, FVD icon appears on the task bar showing thumbnails of random websites. I can have only Speed Dial page opened, but the FVD icon will show many websites in carousel view.

The only way to stop it is to close Chrome from the Task Manager then disabling Speed Dial to make Chrome works without issues.

In the Speed Dial properties, file localization is under path:

C:\Users\Ireek\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\ImplicitAppShortcuts\deb74e6ef302b553

but can't find any info how it is related to Internet Explorer.

Hello

Yes, in this little window website opens and preview is created. In Chrome it's impossible to do by another way. If you don't like this way, you can make preview manually, for example, selecting picture in our base. Or you can turn off autopreview updating in Settings.

Thanks

But why separate FVD icon appears? This is Chrome extensions, NOT Windows application. And what thumbnails it generates if there is no any website opened in Chrome but Speed Dial page only?

As mentioned by OP, this extension freeze my browser which I have to close via task manager

+1

This is not separate program, these are windows that opened by browser.

Some of your dials have auto-update option turned on, so our extension opens window to make a screenshot and update the old one.

Thank you, Nimbusweb! Turning off autoupdate resolved the problem!